Mediations is the link between the Business Support Systems and Network Elements.
NT-MDS is a powerful mediation system for your network elements which provide data processing required by your OSS (Operation Support System) and BSS (Business Support System).
- Rapid creating workflow process for many types of CDR format to accomplish Mediation functions.
- Minimum 18000 CDRs per second or nearly 1.5 billion CDRs per day (single thread)
- Multithread (parallel processing), will increase transaction process of CDR.
- Configurable and parameterize CDR processing (reduce CR significantly)
Supports many protocols (i.e. HTTP, IP (FTP/SFTP), SMPP, and FTAM/X.25 )
- Application engine – Generate revenues from network device by collecting the appropriate usage data, process it and deliver it to enterprise application.
- Web 2.0 GUI- To make operational job easier and more effective
The advantages of using Web based GUI especially WEB 2.0 are:
- high availability since it can be used anywhere
- doesnâ€™t need installation on the client
- patch by single point
- cost and time effective with one single upgrade server for patching than upgrade a lot of workstation
- consumes a very small network resource between client and server
- With drag and drop function, it feels like using a desktop application which is very user friendly.
- Convergence Ready
- Revenue Trust
- Business Continuity (Cluster Configuration Supported)
- Parametrized Filter
- Data Enrichment
- Excellent Performance
- Powerful UI
- Local Support
- Data Collection: NT-MDS collects CDR from network elements. It communicates with network elements through the following protocols: HTTP, IP (FTP/SFTP), SMPP, DIAMETER and FTAM/X.25. It allows data collections to be performed on schedule or in real time.
- Data Conversion: NT-MDS converts various CDR formats into a text, delimited CDR format. It supports the following input formats: ASN.1, binary, XML, ASCII and IPDR.
- Data Selection: Capable to select required records based on user criteria. The criteria are user-configurable through graphical, web interfaces.
- Filter Data Comparison: NT-MDS filters duplicate records to avoid double-charging. The duplicate criteria are user configurable through graphical, web interfaces, allowing operator to adapt to network conditions.
NT-MDS finds duplicate records with the following capabilities:
- Records within one file, records across files within one network element AND records across the network.
- Records stored within database, over a configurable time span,
- Comparison based on user-configurable fields (such as calling number, called numbers, MSISDN, time-stamp, etc)
Allows timestamp difference, with user-configurable tolerance
- Data Combiner: NT-MDS aggregates/combine long duration call records and partial records. It can perform special duplicate checking to minimize revenue lost and/or double charging.
- Data Enrichment: NT-MDS, by configuration can adds information to each record based on data obtained from external source. This, for example, allows customer data to be inserted into records whose original data do not contain the information.
- Data Generator: NT-MDS writes CDR into formats suitable for downstream applications. For INDOSAT, NT-MDS writes formatted CDR for the following systems: Geneva Billing (including TAP format), Data Warehouse, Prepaid Transaction Historical System, Interconnection Billing, Revenue Assurance, Revenue Sharing and Quality (for management reporting). This includes data normalization with configurable criteria.
- Data Distributor: NT-MDS distributes processed records to downstream applications such as billing, data warehouse, fraud management systems, etc. Each record can be sent to multiple target systems based on business process needs.
NT-MDS is able to simultaneously interface with different OSS/BSS systems, through a configured real time protocol (DIAMETER) or a file interface.
- Audit Trail: NT-MDS will provide an audit trail function to control and investigate, whenever unexpected event occurred. It is also has a benefit to monitor operational activity, including CDR reconciliation for collection and distribution.
- Record browser and editor (CDR correction): NT-MDS allows users to decode, browse and edit CDR files. It also allows encode the CDR back into original format for record correction and observation.
- User Management: Services provide the ability to create, remove and maintain a user’s preferences and privileges.
- Alert Management: NT-MDS provides ability to trigger alert messages via email or SMS when a monitored performance indicator exceeds its threshold. The threshold is user configurable to suit operator needs.
- Housekeeping: NT-MDS maintains original and processed CDR for some period of time. Recognizing the limit of system storage, it provides housekeeping functions that will maintain system storage from being fully occupied, preventing system crash. The applications uses Graphical User Interface to allow system administrator configure the housekeeping functions easily while minimizing human error.
- Real-time Monitoring: NT-MDS provides graphical interfaces that allow its users to monitor the progress of CDR processing. The process of checking, observing, or keeping track of on going process, environmental condition such as database size, disk size, etc in a real time or at specified intervals
- Backup and Restore: NT-MDS also provides backup-and-restore ability for both flat file and database via GUI. The interface minimizes user interaction to back end system, which means minimizing human errors.
- Report Management: NT-MDS will provide a very comprehensive reporting generator tools based on users criteria with 3D graphical display.
- Trouble Escalation: NT-MDS provides trouble escalation functions that allow system administrator to handle and queue complain requests or problem reports. The application records problem solving process so that every problem report is well documented.
Screen Shoot MDS Project